The learning methodology is unique and innovative. It is primarily based on the following principles:
- Development by engaging major motor skills like hand coordination
- Teachers facilitate training of the students
- Self-learning and correction
- The children are allowed to learn at their own pace
- The groups consist of kids of different age groups
- Independent work environment
- Regular assessment
- A socially vibrant learning environment
- Encouraging the kids to learn and do as they want to
The Mode of Learning
The learning techniques that are incorporated in the curriculum is designed to benefit the kids. A good exposure from an early age is important for proper growth and development of the child. Keeping this in mind, our preschool follows a module that nurtures the children in the most appropriate way. We provide the little ones with the right tools and equipment which include
- Materials for every individual child
- Group activities that highlight developing skills in art and craft
- Using a thematic approach to learning new things
- Field trips, reading and role plays are used in abundance for the kids to develop language and other inherent skills
- The older children are taught using projects and presentations
- Celebrating different festivals instils cultural tolerance
Just as important a play school is in shaping a child’s future, the home environment also plays a pivotal role. We arrange regular feedback sessions with the parents. Guidelines and models are also provided to the parents in order to ensure that both home and school contribute equally to fostering a healthy future for the child.
Academic Learning aiding cognitive development
The curriculum that we follow has been segregated into structured learning program focused activities. The entire course is covered in 4 years. None of the activities undertaken in the school is meaningless. All of it is done with a clear objective and a positive outcome for the kids.
For children aged 2 to 4 years, the primary attention is paid to honing motor skills while allowing them to develop practical life skills. While phonetics is used to introduce the kids to the English language, the concept of Mathematics is made easy using different materials. A plethora of other activities are also introduced to aid cognitive development and logical thinking.
Critical Non-Academic Learning
The curriculum allows children to choose and decide their own course of work. They can either work individually or in a group depending on their personal need.
While a lot of significance is placed on a child’s learning capacity, we also highlight the need for proper emotional development. We encourage a sense of social awareness by imbibing the idea of sharing and helping others. Mixed age grouping also allows them to become better learners.
At Kinderla Pre School, we lay emphasis on the importance of protecting the environment. We assist in nurturing awareness by seeking a more practical approach like gardening.
The idea of physical development is not limited to undertaking activities like running or cycling, we consider it pivotal for a child’s growth and thus design activities which ensure an overall growth.
The development during the first few years happens extremely fast and can vary from time to time. Hence, we focus on constant assessments of the kids. Our system keeps a record of the child’s progress and helps us understand the problem areas of individual kids, which further allows the teachers to work on it, challenging the kid to strive harder and never lose interest in the curriculum. We inform the parents regularly about their ward’s progress.